How We Can Help
In a turbulent business environment having a solid strategy is more important than ever. Drawing upon decades of experience, along with our proprietary Art & Science methodology, our consultants can assist you in becoming or remaining competitive. We can help with a variety of activities such as: the development of a strategic road-map, vision, and operational strategy; development of enterprise-wide strategic and implementation plans; and identification of department-unit specific strategies and operational plans.
Specifically, we can help you with:
- Identifying the major issues or goals specific to your organization
- Alignment between your organization’s mission, board, management and staff – developing of a sound and unified basis for future planning
- Fine-tuning of strategies and an increased understanding on how to address any barriers
- Identifying strategic issues that may arise in the future
- Maintaining the underlying values of your organization
Questions to Ask
- Are we in the businesses we should be in?
- Do some of our services have to be removed?
- Which offerings are we particularly strong in and should continue to develop?
- What is our strategic advantage?
- Why do our customers buy from us?
- What is the value we deliver?
- What does our competitive landscape look like?
- What major shifts happening now or may any happen in the near future?
- How will our environment impact our competitiveness?
- What are our core organizational values?
- Does our culture and positioning reflect these values?
- Do we measure our organizational purpose in monetary terms or through the fulfillment of a human need?
Thoughts to Consider
- Having a holistic strategy – one that considers both the “art & science” is critical. Too often strategic plans and road maps focus solely on the “science” and ignore the “art”, otherwise known as the culture, of an organization. A strategy, no matter how well-thought out, will not be compatible with a culture which isn’t ready for it.
- Conversely, no culture, however strong, can overcome poor choices when it comes to strategy. Strategy and culture must both be considered and aligned.
- Strategy must begin with purpose. Asking why an organization exists in the first place determines what it values, what it will focus on, and how it will function. “Making money” should not be confused with purpose. Defining the purpose or reason the organizations exists should focus on and ask the question “what human need are we trying to fulfill”.
Having a good business strategy has many benefits including:
- Putting one in a position for continued competitive growth and success
- Identification of potential challenges and weaknesses that may hinder growth
- Definition of a desired organizational role or vision
- Creation of realistic objectives for your organization to strive for
- The ability to stay on top of a rapidly changing environment Organizational alignment with a common vision for your organization across groups, departments, and stakeholders
Economical Insurance Group
“…was very successful…were strong contributors to my team…excellent results that are still being applied…”
Corporate Responsibility Officer
“…excellent skills in walking everyone through visioning…so amiable and helpful,…a true success…”
VP Human Resources (former)
University of Toronto
“…the entire process was done very professionally…the job performed was excellent…very pleased and happy with the end result…”
Robert G. White
Chief Financial Officer