How We Can Help
If you are looking to use technology to accelerate your business our expert IT/IM and business consultants can help. We look at technology from a business point of view, taking a holistic look at your organisation and how to best accomplish your goals. From high-level strategy to the implementation of a corporate-wide IT/IM system, our consultants have decades of experience helping organizations of all sizes and industries succeed through the use of the latest tools and information management best practices.
Specifically we can help you with:
- Effectively managing the specific information requirements of your organization
- Ensuring that information is readily accessible to all users and employees
- Ensuring the most reliable and beset suited system of information management for your organization
Questions to Ask
- Do we have an IT/IM strategy that aligns with our business objectives, goals, and culture?
- What changes, if any, will we have to make to our organization if we were to undertake a critical IT/IM transformation?
- Does our company culture encourage relatively easy adoption of new IT/IM strategies and/or systems?
- Do we have the necessary expertise to evaluate our IT/IM strategy and/or implement a new system? Or will we have to outsource?
- What the potential risks of refining our IT/IM strategy? What are the risks of NOT refining it?
- Are we prepared to make changes or implement new technologies if needed?
Thoughts to Consider
- Many IT/IM initiatives are designed to support mission-critical business objectives; represent major investments for the organizations concerned and may cause considerable damage when they go wrong.
- Market survey data suggests that only 32% of IT projects had been completed “on time, on budget and with the required features and functions”. This highlights the important of sound strategy coupled with experienced and professional IT/IM project managers for implementation.
- IT/IM project managers often play a key role in interpreting business requirements and translating these into technical specifications. Acting as the go-between between a project sponsor and implementation team, they need to be able to speak the language of both.
- It is important to remember that technology is only a means to accomplishing a business objective; it is therefore always important to develop technology strategies that are aligned with the broader corporate goals and that include the right balance of Art & Science in both their design and implementation.
An IT/IM strategy that is aligned with an organisation’s goals and beliefs can add massive value to any organisation. Conversely, remaining complacent or having a poor IT/IM strategy can be disastrous. Specific benefits could include:
- Having the “right” information system in place for your needs
- Enabling management and staff to function optimally with the best information
- Achieving revenue growth, new sales channels, and improved customer service
- Establishment of streamlined distribution processes, improved product delivery and reduced inventory carrying costs
- Avoidance of information management practices that are no longer useful, cost-effective or applicable
- Avoidance of the costs associated with ineffective information management systems
- Alignment of the IT/IM and HR strategies